- Pork Chops & Applesauce: A Collection of Recipes and Reflections
- Sweet Apple Temptations
- Bumper Crop: Beginning with Apples (Kindle)
- The Adventures of Lily and Leon: A Soppy Fish Tale (Kindle)
Cynthia Briggs’ Chicken Soup contributions include essays in:
- Chicken Soup for the Mother and Son Soul
- Chicken Soup for the Sister’s Soul 2
- Chicken Soup for the Soul: Divorce and Recovery
- Chicken Soup for the Soul: My Resolution
- Chicken Soup for the Soul: Food and Love
- Chicken Soup for the Soul: Finding My Faith
- Chicken Soup for the Soul: Just Us Girls
Cynthia’s popular newspaper food columns (over 200 of them) have appeared in various publications since 1999. Her work has also appeared in Woman’s World Magazine, New Mexico Magazine, New Mexico Woman, Funds for Writers and more. She’s also a three-time contest winner and is published in three of the Women’s Memoir Writing, four-volume anthology, Seasons of Our Lives: Summer, Winter, Autumn and Spring.
Briggs has talked “food, writing and techniques for living a more gratifying life” on radio and TV, at rotary clubs and women’s associations, and at schools and universities. She teaches Getting Published: 101 Facts and Fiction, and Memoirs: Putting Pen to Paper for the Academy for Lifelong Learning at Lone Star College, New Caney, Texas.
About her recipes and stories in Pork Chops & Applesauce, Cynthia says, “Your Roasted Garlic Potatoes are in the oven baking along with your Surprise Parmesan Meatloaf. Your Pear Pie with Crunchy Pecan Crust is cooling on the counter . . . The dishes are done, the cut flowers are in a vase on the dining room table, and the whole house smells like paradise! Now it’s time to sit and relax while you wait for the guests to arrive. How better to unwind than to read one or two of the nostalgic and often humorous stories that introduce many of the recipes in Pork Chops & Applesauce?”
Cynthia makes her home in Houston, Texas, with her husband, Ed, and their favorite dachshund, Leon.
“My sister gave me a personally signed copy of Pork Chops & Applesauce. It is a wonderful and witty cookbook that stirs ones appetite as well as the emotions with its flavorful recipes and anecdotes on life.”
~ John Buffington, Puyallup, Washington USA