Ask Cynthia a Question – 5-10-2012

REGINA ASKED: When a recipe calls to “fluff” the egg, how am I supposed to do that?

MY ANSWER: Fluffing something whether it is eggs, cream, or what have you, means to whip it with a French whip (a wire whisk that is thinner and more flexible than a standard whisk) this is to incorporate air into whatever you’re whipping. Whisking eggs quickly and completely allows air to be incorporated, so they’ll be airier and lighter for cooking.

Thank you for your question, Regina. Ask Cynthia a Food or Cooking Question simply by clicking here: Hope you don’t stump me!


This entry was posted in Ask Cynthia and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.